LONG COMMENT HEADING YOUR WAY
Good. Now that I got that out of the way, it's time to gush about how much I adore this game. I've never been much into Japanese culture, anime, manga, or anything like that ever...but I stumbled across this. I've always liked the anime style art (and most of my friends draw that way) so I was like: Hm. Okay. I'm a big literature fan so when I saw that you only had to read and pick choices, I was down for it. And it has fluffy romance, which I'm also a big fan of. So I played it off Steam. And holy crap, I've been obsessed with it ever since I started playing.
Again, I never had any interest in stuff like this, so this was my first ever visual novel (I hope I got that right). You guys really left a good impression :D
LET"S START WITH THE PRAISES
First of all, I absolutely adore the art and the music. Like, the music is so beautiful and gorgeous. I love the main character since in literature, you don't see main characters like Lucette. She's different; unique. And the way you guys slowly thaw her icy heart is admirable. Love her. When I was playing, I was like: "Wow. You could really learn a lesson or two playing this."
I love the storyline. I've always been a fan of fairytale retellings so you guys really hit the bull's eye. The twist with the fairies and witches working together was surprising (a good one) since most fantasy novels have them at each other's throats.
I love the different movements each character has (Even sidecharacter) and I love when they blush. It's adorable. The scenes where it's like a picture (sorry, I dunno what they're called. I'm not much of a computer person) are gorgeous and stunning. Even the main menu is beautiful. I love how after you finish a character's route, their picture replaces the crystal.
The fast-forward option is really useful when I'm going back to see the ending I didn't get so thanks for that!
Now I'm going to talk about the different routes in the order I played them in.
1. ROD - The Little Mermaid - Honestly, this route is one of my favorites and not because I played it first. Characters that have a similar personality to him have always appealed to me. Oh! And yes, I do know that they're step-siblings but you guys did such a great job of handling it that it didn't feel gross...or weird. The good ending was honestly kind of dark. Yes, they're happy together, but they can't really be together since they're considered siblings and that literally made me cry since they're so cute together. His bad end was just terrible. Like terrible. It was heartbreaking and depressing and I really can't say anything anymore or I'll break out in tears. But he's my favorite (I really can't choose between him and Waltz tbh) AND SEBBY IS SO CUTE.
2. KARMA - Beauty and the Beast - I'll be straightforward about this. It was actually different to play his route at first 'cause I kept choosing the wrong choices. But he was really unique and I liked that. His curse was really unique as well, twisting the fairytale so there was a good side and a bad side. At first, I thought he was that stereotypical flirty character (no, that's Rumpel) but I was wrong. In fact, I really can't find a stereotype for him at all. His good ending was so nice. I was screaming with joy when I got it. But his bad ending was also heartwrenching. It was even worse than Rod's and since I played this second, I was like: O_O. Does this meant the other bad endings were darker? Aside from that, he's a great character and I can understand why so many people like him.
3. RUMPEL - Rumpelstiltskin - Unfortunately, his route was my least favorite and the one I was least excited to play although I did it before Fritz and Waltz's because it was recommended. Flirty characters just never appealed to me and I didn't really like the thought of someone with Lucette's personality with someone with Rumpel's personality. But that's my opinion and I tend to have unpopular opinions. His good ending wasn't all that interesting to me so I'll just say that it's...meh. However, his bad ending got me crying too. Lucette didn't kill him like she did with Karma, but he still died. And even though, I didn't like his personality, his death got me crying too. AND PARFAIT. Her death...smh.
4. FRITZ - The Little Red Riding Hood - This route is definitely more different than the other routes because you're technically romancing with two different guys although they're the same person. I took this one before Waltz's because 1. a lot of people online recommend it and 2. Fritz's personality is appealing. Even though Lucette was so cruel to him, he remained loyal to he. I was shocked when Varg came into the picture, I did not expect that. But as I played on, I warmed up to Varg and started to like him a bit more. The good ending to this was also dark and kinda sad. Varg erases himself so that Fritz could be with Lucette even though he loved her himself. It was sad. And his bad ending...well, it can kind of be a good ending for the Varg lovers. I dunno. But Varg ends up "killing" Fritz. It's also sad because he loves Lucette even though Lucette loves Fritz. However, this one had so much more deaths than the other ones: Garlan, Delora (OMG) and Parfait (OMG) I definitely did not see the two character thing coming and congrats! You surprised me!
5. WALTZ - Peter Pan - Here we are. The one I was most excited to play after unlocking him. A lot of people say his good ending is the "true ending" and I'm not surprised why. The plot and conflicts are similar to those of a high fantasy novel (Oh, I promised to stop talking about books...oops.) and the climax is so tense. I couldn't find a stereotype for Waltz, but his personality is literally amazing. He is SO sweet! However, his route is definitely one of the more darker routes and his bad ending is probably the darkest one of them all. I hated it but loved it so much. His good ending thoughhhhhh. OH MY GOD that moonlight dance thing was just STUNNING. And I loved the scenes with the children. So cute! I hated how Parfait had to die thoughhhh. And the bond between Lucette and her father had me in tears. They were going to make up but stupid Hildyr ruined it by killing him! Nevertheless, Waltz's route is definitely one of the best and I loved it!
Yeah, so I can't choose between Rod and Waltz...They're both so good. I especially liked Rod and Emelaigne's bond. It shows that he can be caring :) I hated how Parfait had to die in almost every route though.
I would recommend this game 100%. The characters (Even the side ones) are so unique and lovable. This game definitely left a good impression on me in terms of visual novels and the Japanese culture. 100% going to replay it. I literally finished the game in two days...you could say I'm addicted. I heard there was going to be a fandisk that's like an epilogue to Cinderella Phenomenon and I'm excited for that. Although I heard you have to buy it. I'm still quite young, so I don't have my own credit card and I doubt my mother's going to allow me to spend money on games so I'll try to get it through a friend. I'm really excited for it either way!
Sorry to every else for this long comment. I bet y'all didn't expect it to be like a review :)
Thanks Dicesuki for giving me this wonderful experience!